Legends League Baseball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends League Baseball

Welcome to The Legends League, a fantasy baseball league hosted by ESPN

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Legends League Update (12-11-09)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ymichael

Legends League Update (12-11-09) Empty
PostSubject: Legends League Update (12-11-09)   Legends League Update (12-11-09) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:34 pm

I've been in Charlotte, NC a couple of days this week, so I haven't spent a lot of time on owner recruitment. That will change this weekend. I'll be back beating the bushes and posting flyers. My hope is to fill the league before January 1st. If we fill by then, we'll hold our first Commissioner's Challenge featuring the MLB Hall of Fame announcement of January 6th.

I thought about trying to conduct our Auction Draft on our league website at https://legendsleague.forumotion.net/forum.htm . But I believe the better option is to wait until ESPN opens use its live auction system. Have any of you guys used the ESPN Live Auction? Did it work okay for you?

That's pretty much it at the moment. The main goal right now is getting good quality owners in place. Please register on the league website if you haven't done so and check it every day or two.

----Commish
Back to top Go down
Mr. Five Star

PostSubject: ESPN Auctions   Legends League Update (12-11-09) EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:53 am

ESPN's auctions work, but they take forever. So if we use ESPN's auction program, be prepared to spend 3+ hours drafting.
Back to top Go down
ymichael

PostSubject: Re: Legends League Update (12-11-09)   Legends League Update (12-11-09) EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks for the input, Greg. My first thought was to hold the auction on a message board, but because we have to do a complete auction and don't have any keepers on our rosters, I thought the easiest way to go was on an auction site. I was concerned that we might not have time to get a full auction done on the message board.

I've read some really things about ESPN auctions...but haven't seen anything good or bad about the time it takes to complete it. Next season we'll probably roll over to a message board auction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legends League Update (12-11-09)   Legends League Update (12-11-09) Empty

Back to top Go down

Legends League Update (12-11-09)
Page 1 of 1